Posted on September 08, 2014
Extremely tasty and satisfying, superfoods have the ability to tremendously increase the vital force and energy of one’s body, and are the optimal choice for improving over-all health, boosting the immune system, elevating serotonin production, enhancing sexuality, cleansing, lowering inflammation, and alkalizing the body. As little as 1 tablespoon of your mix will help control cravings, and give you sustained energy. Within days you can expect to see a reduction in your food cravings: your addiction to sugar and carbs becomes more manageable.
Have been known to nourish the body. Here is a short list of reasons why almonds should be your BFF:
- Reduce heart attack risk
- Lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- Protect artery walls from damage
- Help build strong bones and teeth
- Source of health fats + aids weight loss
- Riboflavin and L-carnitine are nutrients that will support optimal brain function
- Nourish the nervous system
- Only nut that is alkaline forming: which supports weight loss, sustains energy and improves immune system.
Chia seeds are a complete plant-based protein that’s an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, soluble fiber, and much more. Here’s a quick list of chia seeds’ nutritional super powers:
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 5x more calcium than milk
- 2x the potassium of a banana
- 7x more the vitamin C than oranges
- 6x more fiber than wheat bran
Ground flax seeds
Flaxseed is a nutrition powerhouse: they’re loaded with omega-3 essential fatty acids (the good fats), contain a ton of fiber, both soluble and insoluble and will keep your colon healthy, rich in antioxidants and lignans (anti-cancer), and they add fantastic texture to smoothies and shakes. Be sure to pick up ground flax seed or your digestive system will have a hard time absorbing this nutrient!
Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years, goji berries are regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. Nutritionally speaking, goji berries contain: 18 kinds of amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants, iron, polysaccharides, B & E vitamins, and much more!
Raw Hemp seeds
Hemp seeds are packed with 33% digestible protein, rich in iron, amino acids, vitamin E, omega’s and GLA. One unique characteristic of hemp seeds is that they contain all essential amino acids- something uncommon with plant protein sources- making them a great addition for those on a vegetarian or vegan diet.
TIPS ON STORING YOUR SUPERFOODS
The best way to store all super foods is in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator. This may seem simple, but here are some important points to keep in mind:
- You can see how much you have left
- Extend the shelf life of nuts and seeds as they contain delicate oils and those oils can quickly spoil.
- When you pour nuts/seeds out of the jars, you are using less dishes.
- Mason jars are inexpensive as they can be found online or at your local hardware store.
- Glass jars are reusable and last forever – so they’re good for the environment
HAVE YOU TRIED A NEW SUPERFOOD LATELY?