Extremely tasty and satisfying, superfoods have the ability to tremendously increase the vital force and energy of one’s body, and are the optimal choice for improving over-all health, boosting the immune system, elevating serotonin production, enhancing sexuality, cleansing, lowering inflammation, and alkalizing the body. As little as 1 tablespoon of your mix will help control cravings, and give you sustained energy. Within days you can expect to see a reduction in your food cravings: your addiction to sugar and carbs becomes more manageable.
Have been known to nourish the body. Here is a short list of reasons why almonds should be your BFF:
- Reduce heart attack risk
- Lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- Protect artery walls from damage
- Help build strong bones and teeth
- Source of health fats + aids weight loss
- Riboflavin and L-carnitine are nutrients that will support optimal brain function
- Nourish the nervous system
- Only nut that is alkaline forming: which supports weight loss, sustains energy and improves immune system.
Chia seeds are a complete plant-based protein that’s an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, soluble fiber, and much more. Here’s a quick list of chia seeds’ nutritional super powers:
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 5x more calcium than milk
- 2x the potassium of a banana
- 7x more the vitamin C than oranges
- 6x more fiber than wheat bran
Ground flax seeds
Flaxseed is a nutrition powerhouse: they’re loaded with omega-3 essential fatty acids (the good fats), contain a ton of fiber, both soluble and insoluble and will keep your colon healthy, rich in antioxidants and lignans (anti-cancer), and they add fantastic texture to smoothies and shakes. Be sure to pick up ground flax seed or your digestive system will have a hard time absorbing this nutrient!
Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years, goji berries are regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. Nutritionally speaking, goji berries contain: 18 kinds of amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants, iron, polysaccharides, B & E vitamins, and much more!
Raw Hemp seeds
Hemp seeds are packed with 33% digestible protein, rich in iron, amino acids, vitamin E, omega’s and GLA. One unique characteristic of hemp seeds is that they contain all essential amino acids- something uncommon with plant protein sources- making them a great addition for those on a vegetarian or vegan diet.
TIPS ON STORING YOUR SUPERFOODS
The best way to store all super foods is in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator. This may seem simple, but here are some important points to keep in mind:
- You can see how much you have left
- Extend the shelf life of nuts and seeds as they contain delicate oils and those oils can quickly spoil.
- When you pour nuts/seeds out of the jars, you are using less dishes.
- Mason jars are inexpensive as they can be found online or at your local hardware store.
- Glass jars are reusable and last forever – so they’re good for the environment
HAVE YOU TRIED A NEW SUPERFOOD LATELY?